Monday, November 17, 2008

Concept art - Game design project


Not 100% complete, since I still want to add words/images to the newspapers and posters, as well as a few other changes after critique today I'm sure, but I am pleased with how this came out. Well, to a point. We were not allowed to use digital media for the final piece, and our choices were ink or gouache. I've never used gouache before, and after this lovely first time, I don't know that I like it much. I prefer working digitally anyway, it's much easier when you have control over everything to get a piece looking like what it is in your head.

Scanned in in two pieces (even with the god-scanner, it was hard, piece is something like 15x18 inches or so) and touched up in photoshop a bit to push the values - the scan really nommed on them and the black was never dark enough for me.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Autumn Haynes said...

This piece is SWEET. Love it.